SLS, Noida has an operational Girls Hostel with 240 seater capacity, just behind the academic block. The residence will be a model for comfort living and learning for our students. It will consist of spacious living areas with Wi-Fi facility and an en-suite bathroom. Communal spaces are large, airy and designed to foster work and socializing in comfort.
- A student pursuing her studies at Symbiosis International University, Noida Campus, may reside in hostel located in the Campus.
- Noida Campus has two well-furnished 3 storied hostels for Girls. Each room (triple Sharing) has an attached toilet (equipped with faucet) and bath. Carpet area of rooms in Hostel 1 is 373 Sq ft and Hostel 2 is 354 Sq ft. Each room has 02 fans and 02 tube lights. All toilets and bath rooms (geyser fitted) are lighted with LED bulbs.
- The rooms are NON-AC. Students, at their own expense, can buy and install desert coolers. AC is not permitted to be installed. Window and door curtains have been provided.
- Room Allotment: Room allotment is done by Campus Administrator in consultation with the Director.
Furniture and Fixtures: Following furniture is provided to each student:-
- Hard Bed with coir foam mattress (No pillow, No linen).
- Cupboard with locker.
- Study table and study chair.
- Wall mounted Book shelf.
- Security: Each hostel is manned 24x7 by lady security guards. No males, even maintenance staff is permitted to enter hostel unescorted.
- Safety and Personal Belongings: Students are personally responsible for safety of their all valuables. The room key and Cupboard (and locker) key are issued to students by the warden. No spare key is maintained. Students are not permitted to change locks.
- Wi-fi Facility: All hostel rooms have access to wi-fi facility.
- Damage Charges: Student will be required to pay double the original cost if any item is found damaged or missing from their room/common areas/corridors.
- Water and Electricity: It is provided 24x7 at no extra cost. While leaving room students are expected to switch of lights and fans and close all taps. No electric appliances such as electric iron/kettle/heater are permitted in the rooms. These will be confiscated.
- Drinking Water: Reverse Osmosis (RO) drinking water is available on each floor. Warm water during winters is made available in mess as well hostels.
- Recreation Facilities: A separate recreation room equipped with 40” colour TV (with TATA SKY cable connection), Chess, table tennis and carom board has been provided at first floor (above dining hall).
- Reading Room: A separate reading room has been provided in SCHC building (which houses Gym and Health care centre). Hostel students can study in this room till late night without disturbing others.
- Medical Facilities: Basic medical facilities are available round the clock at SYMBIOSIS Centre for Health Care (SCHC). Doctor and female nurse are based in campus 24x7.
- Sports and Gymnasium: Cricket practice pitch, badminton court (in Hostel A) and Basketball court are available for the sports enthusiasts. For fitness freaks well equipped Gym is also available in campus.
- Washer man facility is available on payment. Newspaper too is delivered at door steps by vendor on payment.
- Mess: Each hostel student is issued with hostel identity card. It needs to be shown to the steward in the mess. B’fast, Lunch, snacks and Dinner are served as per laid down timings in mess. No outside food is allowed in mess. Only students declared sick by campus doctor can be served food in the room. However, there is no room service available. Students need to help each other in such times. Mess rules need to be followed strictly.
- Hostel rules need to be complied by all hostellers .Please go thru the copy available on line (Symbiosis International University Notification No SIU/28/449 dated 27 May 2013) at site http://siu.edu.in/students/pdf/Hostel_rules_and_regulations.pdf
Hostel Fees: The fees is Rs 1,48,00/-. It is to be paid as onetime payment and not in installments. The payment is to be made by Demand draft in favour of SYMBIOSIS SOCIETY payable at PUNE. Details are as under:-
- Hostel Fees. Rs 69,000/-
- Mess Fees. Rs 64,000/-
- Caution Money. Rs 15,000/- (Refundable).
- Attendance: Students are required to mark their attendance twice a day (8:00-9:30 AM and 8.30-9.45 PM) in the attendance register kept at security desk. In addition attendance will be taken by warden. All students are required to be in their rooms by 10 PM.
- Dress Code: Students are expected to observe proper dress code. Short tops, tight body hugging clothes, revealing clothes are forbidden outside the rooms.
- Silence: Strict silence is to be observed between 10 PM and 6.30 AM. No music/loud talk should be audible outside the room.
- Night Out: On weekends and holidays students can seek night out permission to visit their relatives/friends. The permission is granted based on registered email communication from the parents/local guardians. Students have to fill undertaking form and make entry in night out register kept at hostel security desks and main gate.
- Local Shopping Complex: Besides stationery shop and food court (open 9 AM to 5 PM) there is no other outlet in campus. Nearest shopping centre is in Noida 62 B (Less than 01 Km). Students can also visit Shipra Mall and Aditya Mall, both within 2-3 km range in Indira Puram. Students are however required to return to Campus by 7 PM. Extension for late return is granted based on written request from parents/local guardians.
- Cleanliness: Students must keep their rooms, verandah and surroundings areas tidy, neat and clean. Housekeeping staff’s services must be used to clean the room and toilet.
- Ragging: Ragging in any form whatsoever is strictly BANNED.
- Smoking, Alcohol, Drugs and Gambling: The student shall not bring, store, possess and/or drink any alcohol/intoxicating drink, drug or substance of any kind whatsoever and/or smoke in the room and/or any part of premises. No gambling shall be allowed in the premises of the hostel.